Extra Large Vegetable Trough
With the Grow You Own revolution showing absolutely no signs of slowing, we have produced a special large sized Larch vegetable planter for maximum production,
whilst being tall enough and deep enough for large root crop vegetables as well as avoiding back strain bending.
Handmade using the highest commercial quality Larch.
Size: 150cm long x 90cm wide x 75cm high
Optional trellis available, please call 01752 822782 or email: [email protected] to add this option.
Why is Larch the best wood for Planters?
Larch boasts a number of benefits over other wood types making it ideal for making planters with a stylish finish, as well as providing an amazing long life.
We are so confident in our larch planters' ability to resist decay, we provide a guarantee for 10 years, and expect a life of at least 20 years.
Benefits of using larch include:
- Natural resistance to decay. Hence no need to impregnate the wood with toxic preservatives, as used for other soft woods.
- Aesthetically beautiful timber, which permits high manufacturing standards
- Impressive stability, with no distortion over time
- Low maintenance.
- Constructed from hand selected Larch from sustainably managed woodlands
The following properties are responsible for its durability:
- High Density and Large Content of Heartwood – Heartwood is denser, less permeable, and more durable than the surrounding sapwood.
- The structural properties of Larch are far superior to treated pine and really are better than any softwood out there. Larch is the hardest softwood around
- Unlike Cedar and Pine, and Redwood, Larch does not need you to apply a wood preservative or paint layer to survive the outdoor elements, which with other woods, requires re-applying yearly. None of this tiresome task is required for Larch planters
- If you want to change the appearance, we suggest staining the wood. Larch takes a stain very well and with its grain features it can be amazingly beautiful when stained.
- We offer a staining service, but will also provide you with a supplier of our approved products to allow you to stain them yourself and touch them up if required.